who are the friends
of artists equity?
The Friends of Artist Equity:
- Advances the interests of visual artists;
- Nurtures professional visual artists;
- Promotes the arts in the Greater Delaware Valley;
- Raises funding to support Artists Equity programs;
- Administers the Future Fund, an endowment for Artists Equity.
Here are some of the ways The Friends of Artists Equity
shows our firm committment to supporting the visual arts and artists:
- Co-Sponsored four symposia with Philadelphia Tri/State Artists Equity
on the Artist's Role in Society. This successful series addressed many
concerns facing artists today.
- Conducted a survey on marketing for artists, produced educational marketing
pamphlets, and co-sponsored a well-attended panel discussion on the
subject at Woodmere Art Museum.
- Initiated and continue to support the Future Fund, an endowment intended
to assure the continued financial stability of Philadelphia Tri/State
Artists Equity. For more information on the Future Fund, or to make
a donation, click here.
- The Friends of Artists Equity continue to provided awards at Philadelphia
Tri/State Artists Equity art exhibitions to encourage and support artists in the region.
Your support is important. Become a member
Ross Mitchell, Former Executive Director, Violette de Mazia
Foundation at the Barnes
Donna L. Usher, Professor Emeritus, West Chester University
Elizabeth Wendelin, Paper Conservator, Art Conservators Alliance
Lisa Tremper Hanover, Former Director, The Michener Museum
Phyllis Sunberg, The Art Bank
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Barbara J. Zucker, Steering Committee
Jerry Lyons, Esquire, Legal Counsel
George Shortess, Treasurer
Book Committee: George Shortess, Kate Zulak, Barbara Zucker, Karen Kappe Nugent